Monday, August 23, 2010

Huh...

Well, it's been awhile, hasn't it?

I have jury duty today. I have to say, I'm already tired of this damn courthouse. I was just here for the first of what looks like many court appearances regarding the dissolution of my marriage.

I just want to be done with it all.

I've never been called for jury duty before and the walk from the juror parking lot to the building seemed impossibly long. And there were stairs, of course. My knees have been better since I've lost some weight but stress and no sleep are taking it's toll today. It looks like rain too, which is never good for knee pain. The bottom line: ouch.

They are checking us in now. I don't know exactly how I feel about this. On the one hand, it would be very interesting to sit on a jury. On the other hand, I have so many things I could and should be doing. Work included.

I did bring some work and I am sure I'll actually get around to doing some of it eventually.

Maybe.

Right now I'm reading "Hate Mail from Cheerleaders" by Rick Reilly. Great book. Funny and poignant and thoughtful. Reminds you what's good in your life.

And I'm thinking. I have more to say. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment